Mother's Day is coming up in a few weeks and I personally enjoy doing things with my kids on Mother's Day. It's not a another day needed for unnecessary gifts. I love the precious little things they make me at school or even just a card made at home from them. I'd rather spend time doing something unique or fun that isn't going to break the bank for Mother's Day. Eating at a busy typical restaurant for 3 times the price isn't the only option. After all memories are the ultimate gift in my opinion. So I thought I'd look up some events held on Mother's day in Ontario and share with you.
At Crawford Lake Conservation Area they are having a guided wildflower walk. Apparently a good time to see the wildflowers while they are absorbing sun without trees in full bloom creating shade. Could be great for family if you are a flower lover and like a nice hike in fresh air. Kids will just love to hike Crawford. When you pay at a Halton Park you can visit any same day just keep receipt. You can take the kids to Mountsberg after even to enjoy the play barn and animals or go hiking at any of the parks.
- May 13th 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm Crawford Lake 3115 Conservation Road, Milton
- Adult $18,Children & Seniors $13+HST
On Mother's day at the Markham Museum they have under Family Programs a pottery class to make a butterfly from your child's handprints! There is an instructor to guide you. You must register for program.
- Includes all supplies and firing for one butterfly. Cost for 1 child and 1 adult, additional adults or children $20.00 each to a max of 2 additional participants.
- Sunday, May 13 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. $40.00 Age: 4+
- Markham Museum Family Programs Butterfly
The Halton County Radial Railway is having a Mother's Day Special. Mom gets in free with a paid child. Good day out with the little ones.
- May 13th 10AM-4:30PM 13629 Guelph Line, Milton
- Adults $15, Seniors (65+) $13, Youth (4-17) $10, 3 years and younger or 90 and older free
If you were thinking a brunch, lunch outing this one is a unique twist. Mother's Day Food Tour at Kensington Market. You get a guided walk tour and history of the neighbourhood. Samples at each location and even special dishes designed for tour. They say the sell out and to book early. On the Tasty Tours website there is also some Chocolate tours too.
- May 12th and 13th at 10:30am runs 2.5hrs. Livelihood Cafe, 254 Augusta Ave, Toronto
- Tickets $49 adult and $35 Child
- Tasty Tours Toronto
This one is more for taking your mom out or if you have older children that would sit for a tea type service (must be 12+). Ireland House Museum in Burlington is having a Mother's Day Champagne Tea where they will serve a glass of champagne along with champagne infused desserts and tea, followed by tours of Ireland House Museum. If you're more curious what they are serving, visit the facebook event page linked off the info link I've provided, under discussion there is a picture of the finger sandwiches and desserts.
- May 12th Tea times are 11AM, 1PM and 3PM 2168 Guelph Line, Burlington
- Tickets are $45
- Ireland House Champagne Tea
A more family version of tea but still brunch with tea and treats are happening at both Black Creek and Kortright Conservation Area. There is 2 seating available for both and includes brunch and guided walk or activities which some are additional fee.
- May 13th 10:30AM and 12:30PM at Black Creek and 10:30AM and 1PM Kortright
- $54.95 + tax $49.95 + tax $29.95 + tax Free $7 + HST Parking at Black Creek Pioneer Village is $7.00/vehicle (free member).
- Kortright: Adults: $49.95 plus HST (12 years +) Children: $34.95 plus HST (3 – 11 years old) Optional Flowers Bouquet $10 plus HST Children 2 and under are free
- Black Creek and Kortright (doesn't specify if members get discount)
For even more places to have lunch and other ideas take a look at this website To Do Canada of course they have listings for all over too and on going events etc.